By Edward Thorpe
If you’re like me, you’ve probably asked yourself “Hm, what kinda person am I? Am I a good, honest, caring person?” etc. What I’m getting at . . . Here is a cool lesson..
We all have some ideas about who we are and what we stand for, wouldn’t you agree? Because you’re here and you don’t yet know me, you deserve to know what kinda guy I am. Actually, I couldn’t tell you the things important to me, any better than Charles Schultz, the creator of the much-loved ‘Peanuts’ cartoon series, did.
The following was written by the late Charles Schultz and is a darn near perfect description of how I view life in general.
(You don’t actually have to take the quiz below. Just read it straight through. You’ll get the Lesson.)
“The Charles Schultz Philosophy!”
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name any ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor.
6. Name the last decade’s World Series winners.
“How did you do?”
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Anatomy of a Prospect’s Mind
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The Big Lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life. And don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.
Please share your responses to Charles Schulz' questions
Who has impacted your life?