He is a genuinely nice guy and I had the privilege of interviewing him for my Journey To Success Radio show.
That radio interview was also featured in the October 2013 issue of Ray Stendall's Customer Engagement Magazine.
Would weekly one-on-one video coaching by a Napoleon Hill Foundation Certified Instructor help you stay accountable to, and achieve, your life's purpose and goals faster than what you are currently doing?For details, and to schedule a free 1 hour video meeting, click HERE
Christopher van der Hoff was once a "certified psychotic". In fact, over 30 years ago, Christopher was "involuntarily committed" to a mental institution, locked up and not permitted to leave for more than three and a half months.
Christopher credits his challenges with his mental illness for much of his success in sales. But salespeople don't have to be crazy to benefit from his insights.
Sales executives, meeting planners and speakers bureaus aren't crazy to put Christopher in front of what is the most demanding and jaded audience. Because sometimes, just sometimes, the one thing that can help the sales force break through to the next level may sound crazy, but really is the smartest thing you can do.
• In his first year, as the youngest District Manager for Uniroyal Tire in Canada, he took his district that already had the usual corporate market share and doubled it. What's perhaps most extraordinary is that this success came just over a year after he was released from the mental hospital.
• With Motorola Cellular Canada, with a direct sales force of as many as 135 representatives, Christopher's sales results were also incredible. For a two year period, quarter after quarter, he never fell below second place.
• With Dale Carnegie Training, Christopher mastered and sold: 'The Dale Carnegie Course' in Effective Speaking and Human Relations; The Dale Carnegie Sales Course; and The Executive Presentation Program.
• As a Dale Carnegie instructor's lead assistant, Christopher helped teach 'The Dale Carnegie Course' over a dozen times.
• In addition to his years of presentation instruction, he has further refined his communications skills as a graduate of the Certified Practitioner Course in Neuro-Linguistic Programming by NLP Institutes of Canada.
• With Toastmasters International, Christopher was asked to present his keynote, entitled "How To Deliver Magnificent, Powerful, High Impact Presentations", more than forty times.
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." What if you read this each time you made a phone call, or texted, or received a call? Imagine the possibilities of auto-suggesting this into your mind hundreds of times per day.