Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined By Your Daily Agenda by John Maxwell details 12 Commitments to make on a daily basis that will help you achieve your goals.
The idea behind the book is that, by purposefully choosing what to focus on and practice every day, you will become the person you need to be to achieve your goals and pursue your God given life purpose.
I heard someone say that they would rather do 6 things 1,000 times than 1,000 things 6 times. By focusing on a few things and practicing them every single day, we program ourselves to do what we decided was right instead of just letting life happen.
"I believe there are two ingredients necessary to make every day a masterpiece: decisions and discipline."
The Daily Dozen
1. Attitude - Choose and display the right attitude daily
2. Priorities - Determine and act on important priorities daily
3. Health - Know and follow healthy guidelines daily
4. Family - Communicate with and care for my family daily
5. Thinking - Practice and develop good thinking daily
6. Commitment - Make and keep proper commitments daily
7. Finances - Make and properly manage dollars daily
8. Faith - Deepen and live out my faith daily
9. Relationships - Initiate and invest in solid relationships daily
10. - Generosity - Plan for and model generosity daily
11. Values - Embrace and practice good values daily
12. Growth - Seek and experience improvements daily
...a person's attitude does not naturally or easily stay positive
"I will prioritize my life and give focus and energy to those little things that give the highest return."
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook - Williams James"
Drawing from the text of the Business Week bestseller Today Matters, this condensed, revised edition boils down John C. Maxwell's 12 daily practices to their very essence, giving maximum impact in minimal time. Presented in a quick-read format, this version is designed to be read cover to cover in one sitting or taken in as brief lessons in a few spare minutes each day. It covers such topics as:
Readers will learn how to make decisions on important matters and apply those decisions daily to put them on a path to more successful, productive, and fulfilling lives.