Napoleon Hill's book Think and Grow Rich is one of the Top 20 Bestselling Books of All Time with over 100 million copies sold.
Purchase Hill's books through The Napoleon Hill Foundation
1. "A BURNING DESIRE has devious ways of transmuting itself into its physical equivalent. "
2. "A BURNING DESIRE TO BE, AND TO DO is the starting point from which the dreamer must take off. Dreams are not born of indifference, laziness, or lack of ambition."
3. "A group of brains coordinated (or connected) in a spirit of harmony, will provide more thought-energy than a single brain."
4. "A mind dominated by positive emotions, becomes a favorable abode for the state of mind known as faith."
5. "A negative attitude toward others can never bring me success."
6. "A QUITTER NEVER WINS-AND-A WINNER NEVER QUITS."
7. "A strong motive forces one to surmount many dif?culties."
8. "A thought thus “magnetized” with emotion may be compared to a seed which, when planted in fertile soil, germinates, grows, and multiplies itself over and over again, until that which was originally one small seed,becomes countless millions of seeds of the SAME BRAND!"
9. "ALL ACHIEVEMENT, ALL EARNED RICHES, HAVE THEIR BEGINNING IN AN IDEA!"
10. "All achievement, no matter what may be its nature, or its purpose, must begin with an intense, BURNING DESIRE
11. "ALL IMPULSES OF THOUGHT HAVE A TENDENCY TO CLOTHE THEMSELVES IN THEIR PHYSICAL EQUIVALENT."
12. "All sense impressions which are perceived through the five senses, are stopped by the CONSCIOUS thinking mind, and may be either passed on to the subconscious mind, or rejected, at will."
13. "ALL THOUGHT HAS A TENDENCY TO CLOTHE ITSELF IN ITS PHYSICAL EQUIVALENT"
14. "ALL THOUGHTS WHICH HAVE BEEN EMOTIONALIZED, (given feeling) AND MIXED WITH FAITH, begin immediately to translate themselves into their physical equivalent or counterpart."
15. "All who succeed in life get off to a bad start, and pass through many heartbreaking struggles before they “arrive.” The turning point in the lives of those who succeed, usually comes at the moment of some crisis, through which they are introduced to their “other selves.”
16. "An educated man is one who has so developed the faculties of his mind that he may acquire anything he wants, or its equivalent, without violating the rights of others."
17. "An idea is an impulse of thought that impels action, by an appeal to the imagination."
18. "An intangible impulse of thought can be transmuted into its physical counterpart by the application of known principles."
19. "Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought."
20. "Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge when he needs it, and how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of action."
21. "Are what we are, because of the vibrations of thought which we pick up and register, through the stimuli of our daily environment."
22. "Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to QUIT. That is exactly what the majority of men do."
23. "Belief in one’s ability to carry out a plan encourages one to follow the plan through with persistence."
24. "BOTH POVERTY AND RICHES ARE THE OFFSPRING OF THOUGHT"
25. "Both success and failure are largely the results of HABIT!"
26. "Both the synthetic and creative faculties of imagination become more alert with use, just as any muscle or organ of the body develops through use."
27. "Criticism will plant FEAR in the human heart, or resentment, but it will not build love or affection."
28. "DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE is the starting point from which one must begin. De?niteness of purpose takes on animation, life, and power when backed by a BURNING DESIRE to translate that purpose into its material equivalent."
29. "Definition of a genius is, “a man who has discovered how to increase the vibrations of thought to the point where he can freely communicate with sources of knowledge not available through the ordinary rate of vibration of thought.”
30. "DESIRE BACKED BY FAITH knows no such word as impossible."
31. "DESIRE can be transmuted into gold."
32. "Desire is the starting point of all achievement."
33. "DESIRE is thought impulse!"
34. "Discipline comes through self-control."
35. "Do not EXPECT troubles as they have a tendency not to disappoint."
36. "Do not wait. The time will never be "just right."
37. "DREAMS ARE THE SEEDLINGS OF REALITY."
38. "EVERY ADVERSITY BRINGS WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT ADVANTAGE."
39. "Every deeply seated desire has the effect of causing one to seek outward expression through which that desire may be transmuted into reality."
40. "EVERY FAILURE BRINGS WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT SUCCESS."
41. "Every man is what he is, because of the DOMINATING THOUGHTS which he permits to occupy his mind."
42. "Every person who starts, or “gets in” half way up the ladder, does so by deliberate and careful planning."
43. "Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a BURNING DESIRE TO WIN, essential to success."
44. "Failure cannot cope with PERSISTENCE."
45. "FAITH is a state of mind which may be induced, or created, by af?rmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of auto-suggestion."
46. "FAITH is the basis of all “miracles,” and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science!"
47. "FAITH is the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought, created by the mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent."
48. "FAITH is the element, the “chemical” which, when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with Infinite Intelligence."
49. "FAITH is the head chemist of the mind. When FAITH is blended with the vibration of thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer."
50. "FAITH is the only agency through which the cosmic force of Infinite Intelligence can be harnessed and used by man."
51. "Faith is the only known agency which will give your thoughts a spiritual nature. FAITH and FEAR make poor bedfellows. Where one is found, the other cannot exist."
52. "FAITH is the only known antidote for FAILURE!"
53. "FAITH is the starting point of all accumulation of riches!"
54. "Fears are nothing more than states of mind."
55. "Fortunes gravitate to men whose minds have been prepared to "attract" them, just as surely as water gravitates to the ocean."
56. "Genuine wisdom is usually conspicuous through modesty and silence."
57. "God seems to throw Himself on the side of the man who knows exactly what he wants, if he is determined to get JUST THAT!"
58. "Handicaps can be converted into stepping stones on which one may climb toward some worthy goal, unless they are accepted as obstacles, and used as alibis."
59. "Highly sexed people mix the emotion of sex with their thoughts, or may do so at will, and in that way, may influence those around them."
60. "Ideas are intangible forces, but they have more power than the physical brains that give birth to them. They have the power to live on, after the brain that creates them has returned to dust."
61. "Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes."
62. "IDEAS CAN BE TRANSMUTED INTO CASH THROUGH THE POWER OF DEFINITE PURPOSE, PLUS DEFINITE PLANS."
63. "If you are influenced by the opinions of others, you will have no DESIRE of your own."
64. "If you do not see great riches in your imagination, you will never see them in your bank balance."
65. "If you fail to control your own mind, you may be sure you will control nothing else."
66. "If you fill your mind with FEAR, doubt and unbelief in your ability to connect with, and use the forces of Infinite Intelligence, the law of auto-suggestion will take this spirit of unbelief and use it as a pattern by which your subconscious mind will translate it into its physical equivalent."
67. "If you pray for a thing, but have fear as you pray, that you may not receive it, or that your prayer will not be acted upon by Infinite Intelligence, your prayer will have been in vain."
68. "INDECISION is the seedling of FEAR! "
69. "It has been said that man can create anything which he can imagine."
70. "It is a known fact that the emotion of LOVE is closely akin to the state of mind known as FAITH, and this for the reason that Love comes very near to translating one’s thought impulses into their spiritual equivalent."
71. "Keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be."
72. "Knowing that one’s plans are sound, based upon experience or observation, encourages persistence; “guessing” instead of “knowing” destroys persistence."
73. "Knowledge is only potential power. It becomes power only when, and if, it is organized into definite plans of action, and directed to a definite end."
74. "Knowledge no value except that which can be gained from its application toward some worthy end."
75. "Lack of persistence is one of the major causes of failure."
76. "Leadership calls for POWER, and power calls for COOPERATION."
77. "Life consists of great swarms of energy, or entities, each as intelligent as human beings think themselves to be. These units of life group together like hives of bees, and remain together until they disintegrate, through lack of harmony."
78. "Life’s greatest tragedy consists of men and women who earnestly try, and fail!"
79. "Man can create nothing which he does not first conceive in THOUGHT."
80. "Man may become the master of himself, and of his environment, because he has the POWER TO INFLUENCE HIS OWN SUBCONSCIOUS MIND."
81. "MAN’S ONLY LIMITATION, within reason, LIES IN HIS DEVELOPMENT AND USE OF HIS IMAGINATION."
82. "MAN’S THOUGHT IMPULSES BEGIN IMMEDIATELY TO TRANSLATE THEMSELVES INTO THEIR PHYSICAL EQUIVALENT, WHETHER THOSE THOUGHTS ARE VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY."
83. "Men are paid, not merely for what they know, but more particularly for WHAT THEY DO WITH THAT WHICH THEY KNOW."
84. "Men who succeed in an outstanding way, seldom do so before the age of forty. They do not strike their real pace until they are well beyond the age of fifty."
85. "Men who succeed reach decisions promptly, and change them, if at all, very slowly. Men who fail, reach decisions, if at all, very slowly, and change them frequently, and quickly."
86. "More gold has been mined from the brains of men than has ever been taken from the earth."
87. "MOST IDEAS ARE STILL-BORN, AND NEED THE BREATH OF LIFE INJECTED INTO THEM THROUGH DEFINITE PLANS OF IMMEDIATE ACTION."
88. "No man is ever whipped, until he QUITS-in his own mind."
89. "No more effort is required to aim high in life, to demand abundance and prosperity, than is required to accept misery and poverty. "
90. "No one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality."
91. "No wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice."
92. "Nothing is impossible to the person who backs DESIRE with enduring FAITH."
93. "One of the main weaknesses of mankind is the average man’s familiarity with the word “impossible.”
94. "One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat."
95. "One sound idea is all that one needs to achieve success."
96. "Only those who become "money conscious" ever accumulate great riches."
97. "Opportunity has a sly habit of slipping in by the back door, and often it comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat."
98. "Organized plans, even though they may be weak and entirely impractical, encourage persistence."
99. "Our brains become magnetized with the dominating thoughts which we hold in our minds, and, by means with which no man is familiar, these "magnets" attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts."
100. "Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds."
101. "People refuse to take chances in business, because they fear the criticism which may follow if they fail. The fear of criticism, in such cases is stronger than the DESIRE for success."
102 "If you are successful, remember that somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a lift or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember, also, that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped."